Wednesday, March 20, 2013

The Dead Days


Except for a little travels, I had have been on a long break from this mundane world, the break was not as mundane as it should have been like before. But now, I have still a time enjoy the break and I will drink the life to lees. I had done nothing productive til now. I just wanted to see how life passes without doing anything and the life did pass. I didn’t have any big thoughts, dreams, works, or projects in my mind. It was simply empty, and I wanted to make my mind as empty as a newborn child. So, I slept, ate, drove, watched television, talked, drank, and did nothing.  Useless it may seem, and it was so. The truth is there is nothing meaningful as such as we think. Everything is useless as stink food. Time passes, life moves on to decay. Nothing exists.

The weather outside was very cold but not so inclement. From time to time, I went outside and watched snow-capped mountains and took photos. It was beautiful. But the nip in the air was it as I have to roll up inside the blankets or be seated near the Bukhari (Bhutanese heater/fire) all day. Winter is cruel and it is rightly said. My son and I have to fight to keep ourselves warm. Most of the time, he would have fully engaged in playing games on the computer. My wife got exercise with her kitchen chores. I assisted her a lot. She would bundle up inside her several clothes when she is cold. She would have worn around seven to eight shirts and a jacket at this time of the year.

There is a kitchen garden near our kitchen. It has some vegetables, mostly radishes, broccoli, sags, big turnips, and coriander. It is so a natural product. Now we love nature, everything from nature in this artificial world. That is what we cared about.  I dug the garden and even extended it. Even after extending the garden, our garden grew into a size of not more than a spacious bathroom.  We sowed seeds; maize, beans, cucumber, potatoes, etc for the coming months. Hope to have a bountiful harvest from this red soil. Yes, the soil was as red as rose, and we needed to spray dung as thick as fingernails. So we got different dung; cows, chickens, horses to have a bountiful harvest. Let’s wait and see. Hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment