Sunday, March 31, 2013

Fry in the Summer


Though this lousy summer is a little far, I feel this damn summer is already here in Bangalore. This year, unlike last year the weather has become much hotter. Last year, it drizzles at this time. And this year, everybody’s talking about how lousy the weather has become. It surely is! Damn this global warming.

Last week, there were two holidays. On Tuesday, it was a Holi holiday and on Friday, it was a Good Friday. And you bet it, it was a goddamned holiday. I never celebrated either of these holidays. They were lousy holidays. Sitting on my lousy bed, I did try to engage myself as much as possible in my own activities. Not knowing what to do on my lousy bed, I most of the time opened the internet, and then closed the damned laptop, flipped those pages uselessly that were lying scattered next to my bed, read those phony writings, walked to and fro in my rooms, wrote something bullshit and you know when I write I typed on my keyboards, opened the refrigerator and drunk a cold drop of water, visited the toilet and came back to my lousy bed. These, I did over again and again. Goddamned it. I felt I was inside the cell. I did.

Then i thought i need to do something, so there was a long walk I gave. In this sweaty, blistering sun, children were playing cricket. It really killed me. How could those little craps bear the heat of the sun? I went to a shop to read the temperature. The number on the wall flicked. It was 31. Not so bad a number I heard. New Delhi had just reached half boiling point and some other parts of the world too. I don’t know how people live in those blistering places. The thought of it killed me. It did.

The room has been sweltering like anything, and the fan's blades couldn’t be seen when they move. And you look for a cool shower. The shower is not as cool as you expected. The heated warm water drizzled out heavily. Bet me. The warmness is enough to make you sweat. God, I hate that.

By evening, mosquitoes dance all around. I don’t know where they come from. I close every gaddam tiny holes, windows, doors, etc. Do they come from the sink’s hole?  I used coils, sprays, creams, etc, but they always loiter around hunting for prey. They literally killed my sleep. One day, when I woke up in the morning, I saw three mosquitoes sleeping next to me, permanently dead, their tiny bodies filled with red blood. I nearly puked. It killed me. I meant it.

No comments:

Post a Comment