Will 2013 Be A Snaky Year?
Every New Year, people tend to make some New Year resolutions, which may not be followed always. Yesterday evening, I was thinking… what could be some of my New Year resolutions, despite a lot of ponderings, I couldn’t get as concrete as such. There are many but the moment I think about the year 2013, the year of female snake, I almost forget my resolutions. The snake is one of the most dreadful animals I have ever seen. I simply dislike the sound of it. I cannot imagine myself reborn as a snake, if so, I would faint, and die looking at my body.
I kind of jumper, I look at a nice flat rock to land smoothly, and everyone is in fact. I cannot stick to New Year resolutions. Sometimes promises and pledges fail miserably and utterly. Anyways, it is good to take as a kind of frontage or reminder for the year. Below are some of my resolutions:
1) I will try to be honest and be a kind of well-bred brat like before. No, honestly, I have all these good words in my mind this year; polite, respect, modest, courteous, refine, decent, cordial, affable, etc. I hope to implement some of these in my ways of life in a better approach. I will try this year not to tell a single lie to anyone. The previous year was mixture of a little bit of liars because of the situations. I will try to be truth to myself, no matter when the world falls apart. But I don’t know where this snake year will drag me. May it not be a snaky year? I pray.
2) I will try to be understanding person. If you fail or if I fail, I will understand it, not a big deal. The greater part of life is made because of understanding each other. Understanding doesn’t mean enlightenment or sorts here. It is the way to think about others’ problems, situations, etc, and acting on it. I pledge to my family that I will become more generous and considerate this year( if they pledge to do so to me) and my children, I will understand, even if you pass the shit on my forehead, I will understand. And hope they wouldn’t mind too if I do the same.
3) I will try to forget this contentious concept of every action has its own reaction. This has brought me so many sicknesses to me and others at the same time. Tit for tat, going against, becoming unruly etc have to be minimized this year. I will mind my own business (eat my own share, not others). More patience is what I will become, but truly I am impatience of this snake year. I think something will happen to me; is it good, or bad. Something. I pray.
4) I will try to cultivate more loves to my family, parents, children and others. What makes the world to moves around; is it a gravitational force or is it money? Certainly, they are not, as far as my understanding of life recently. It is the love that makes the world to move around. And the hatred stops the world completely. I will resole the wheels of life with better outlooks. I will shake my gun hard, so that everyone can hear the messages of love. So, goodness is in the air, but I fear if love is only one sided. One sided love is always madness and I wonder I may not become mad this year-with love.
5) I will hook near the warm fireside like a cat in the home. Enough is enough-this is what protest banner reads in one of the demonstrations in India about the raped girl. The girl was terribly raped in Delhi, inserted iron rod and thrown naked on the road by those evil bus passengers/goondas. And a few days a ago, two Bhutanese women were molested by the bus conductor and the driver in Bangalore. A very sad news, and it's not a safe place to be in India.This is not a good thing to talk in this New Year. It’s time to enjoy, but I am terribly affected by this brutal incident; it was a very bad ending of the year 2012. And if ever, I will fight to the last fight with those goondas, well, good all people have come out to demonstrate for this. For now, I feel, home is a secure place. I’m scared my two little eggs like balls would also get smashed by those evils minded people for no reason. So enough of travelling and being away from home. Home is where heart is. Oh my dear, hope you won’t mind and wouldn’t get bore for I will be in hibernation for a long time.
6) And the last but not the least, the big resolution is….let me leave this (This detesting snake may never let me fulfill whatever I have in my mind) I am afraid this big dream will bury my whole life. It’s the life's task, not a day, a week, a month, a year; it’s the lifetime achievement—and the life time achievement of writing nonsense goes to Mr. New Year. I say, New Year is no new year. It’s old. For every New Year, my age become older and older. The antitheses of old is new, and old was once new, and the new will become old. Moment comes and goes. Moment is always in a movement. Xmas has just become ex now. The year comes and goes; 2012, 2013, 2014…etc but one’s life cannot go and come. It goes forever. I don’t know where? But our bodies become worthless as ash. Sad indeed.
For now, happy indeed to celebrate the New Year. So have a profuse year ahead.