Saturday, January 28, 2012

OK Seems to be Nothing Okay


 When I was in tenth standard, we had an ‘OK’ teacher. We called him ‘Sir Ok.’ But nothing seemed to be okay with that ‘Ok’ teacher. One day, he pushed his lesson (which we always wished from his lackluster teaching! Don’t mind Ok, I think it’s okay to write what is true) and told us about his journey from Phuntsholing to Samdrupjongkha; about 10 hours bus ride.

“Ok, let me tell about a very tiring bus journey. Ok?”
“Ok sir, ok,” we noised.

We seemed to be accepting everything. The first word would be Ok and it would end with Ok.

“Ok, half of my journey, I have to stand and hold to the bus as there was no vacant seat. It was hard, exhausting journey. Ok.” (Now what is okay with this ok)?

Before we were ready for Ok’s story, it ended.

“Ok then, what happen?” some voices shot up.

“Ok, then I reached Samdrupjongkha and enjoyed the new place and prepared for the next journey. Is that ok.”

Ok was nothing okay; always busying, preparing for the next journey, daring to dread fatigue?
He was our humblest and briefest Ok teacher.

Now, many times, I have taken journeys liken Ok, sometimes entire journey standing like Ok. What Ok sir suffered was okay to him. But to me, nothing seemed okay, by the time I had reached the destination; I would have no vigor to see places like Ok. I would sleep, not wishing to try another journey (Dream).

1 comment:

  1. This is fuuny how we name our teachers. And this "Ok" teacher seems quite an interesting one. You all must have had a nice "OKAY" time with your "OK" teacher.

    ReplyDelete