Monday, July 9, 2012

Buncoing Buyers


Bangalore is said to be the most expensive metropolis in India and is the home of millions. It’s a hustle and bustle city. Everything is lively, and there is no dearth of everything. You name it and you’ll get it. What matters is money? There is no dearth of anything, and people want it all; goods, transports, multi-cuisines, cheaters(Indian cheaters/buncos-- difficult to trust any Indian; be it poor or rich, low or high – they only want money) fruits, everything. People want it and they get it all. Anytime, anywhere.
Here in Bangalore, everything sells like hotcakes. You may go to the smallest shop and you will get surprised to see the shop buzzing with customers, and the climax of the story is in the big malls, dashing and pushing that make shopping lucrative. A little bit of monkey business is everybody, every day’s cup of tea. Today, I bought 1 kg of mango for rs.40. This is the season of mangos here-different types of mangos; round, small, big, sweet, sour, etc…you name it, there itis. I don’t care the name of mangos but their lushness/sweetness is all I mind. After buying a kg, I went to next vendors, which he willingly offered me the same size and the same brand for rs.30. I was buncoed. Such a gig. They would sell out everything for money.
The reason why things sell like hot cakes in Bangalore is because of the large population. Mind that in rush hours, people look like ants. Besides this, there are so many mixed populations from around the world. One thing I notice is that merchants are very lazy in Bangalore; the reason may be too many customers that keep them kind of fed up with works.
Back in Bhutan, my sister has a small shop. It’s located in Denchi, Pema Gatshel. She told me that she bought things for sale only to be expired. There is no buyer. And recently, losing hope, she shifted her shop from Denchi to her village. “Is it better?” I asked. “I am hoping, but now it’s worst than the previous,” she told me worriedly. I mentioned to her that this hope and expectation will lead you to poverty. I hope she understands it.
In Bhutan, we have dearth of people and thereby having fewer buyers. Our population is scattered and separated by valleys and mountains, and some handful of people live there and most of them are self-sufficient. Good, self-sufficient. If not, we produce nothing, and if we depend on shops like Bangalorien, there is little source to get money.

No comments:

Post a Comment