Saturday, June 30, 2012

Money Speak the Truth

Money speak and it tell tales of anyone really loud. Who says that money can’t buy happiness? I have seen people dousing in without money and sadeness was all that they have. I have seen lovers going apart. I have seen losing friends when there is no money. I have seen people remaining alone and desolate. I have seen families deviling. I have seen men breaking stones. I have seen people nearing to commite suicide. I have seen people dying without treatment. I have seen children eating sweets hiding under the beds. I have seen men racing for the prize. I have seen Lamas pretending to be the perfect of all. I have seen students memorizing the texts. And I have seen…working all for money, tirelessly.



And I have also seen men buying happiness; I have seen men driving cars with all smiles. I have seen people changing home furnishes frequently. I have seen sick hospitalizing in the top-class hospital in the world. I have seen men buying everything sans asking for a discount. I have seen men changing wives like they change garments. I have seen men bribing to induce their works faster. I have seen lies becoming truth. I have seen people traveling to Hongkong, New York, Paris, London, etc. I have seen people talking about buying the country. And I have seen…enjoying all from money, selfishly.
I know, and I know like everyone that money can’t buy life, but why need life devoid of happiness? Why need a life of poverty and suffering? The answer a man always to seek from the God but the answer lies with the man. What an answer?…the man?

A man cannot agree upon the hard works, if haves and haves not are simply to divide the bridge. Having grown up and having spent a quarter of my life in an isolated and backdrop hamlet, I have seen people accumulating Chetrum by Chetrum to feed the growing family. I have seen several parents fighting in the sun and rain in the field. I have seen selling cash crops to afford education. I have seen every part of maddening life (a next story to write about).

On the other hand, people who are born with a silver spoon eat silvers and have a golden life. Happy and lucky. In the secondary standard was I, when one classmate told us that he travels frequently to Bangkok and his next destination would be Hongkong. Where some of us even could not reach to Hongkong market in Thimphu. Such is  the life for him. A jealous teacher then asked him about a number of rice plates he takes in a meal. Upon replying to only one plate, the teacher stated that he also takes only one plate of rice in a meal. Such was the farcical satiric remarked and such was the fate of a rich boy!!!
Now, I see many people settling abroad and studying long around the world, such as America, Australia, Britain, etc. Just like how cows spread in the forest, they too have. I wish if I have money, I would fulfill my honey dream to visit rollicking America. Visit only!!! Otherwise, those conceited Americans would say, “Why do all people like America?” That is utter bullshits to say; my motherland is the best and the homeliest place to stay. On the other hand, I have seen hundreds of Americans embracing so lovingly with other countries. It’s wicked and wrong for Americans' notion to think that people like to come to their country, but they can visit anywhere they liked. Anyway, if I stay any longer that far from my place diaspora feelings would oscillate my roots.

And like a dog coming back to his owner’s house after a day’s search of shit, I would be in my village-just as William Wordsworth desired to be with nature, to eat and defecate, not floundering in the air-nowhere to belong. Home is where the hurt is and first hurt and cut is the deepest. And that cut is the loveliest of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment