Thursday, July 26, 2012

The Chuzom

Last time, on the way to Paro, I sneaked out from my car for some minutes to see the Chuzom. I was defiled to see these two rivers. Do they have clear-cut and clear-up times?  It’s, I would say, a big ‘NO’ and a small ‘yes’ because we humans are the tragic villains in their lives. Anyways, the Thimchu and Pachu are the Phochu and Mochu of Punakha. They are the plaything and beautiful design of God.
The Chuzom

Coming from the clear cavities
Glaciers of Tibet and Jomolhari
The calm Chus of Thimphu and Paro
Meet at Chuzom
Like lovers long decided.

I stand on Chuzom confluence
And asked what have you brought for your lover?
As they both come from the wealthiest Dzongkhags.
They tickle only a clatter
And move on;
Carrying the specter of urban decay and death
A stagnant slate of all sorts and sizes
Of unwanted items;
Plastics, papers, tins, rubbers, bones, vegetable covers,
All. Their faces were tainted with greases and oils
They move on uncomplaining
Oh…no…
Coming from the rich places
What have I to give you?

The two forces strengthen at Chuzom
and the zeal moves on;
Crossing violence and serenities without a sojourn
To the destination, they run together
Collecting what they required not,
Their only goal is to the limitless sky of the ocean
Like the grave is only for a man.





3 comments:

  1. Beautifully written
    Strong expression
    Informative
    Finally, loved the whole of it :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your commendation and drumming up with beautiful words.
    And a lot for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to to thank you for this very good read!! I definitely loved every bit
    of it. I have got you bookmarked to look at new things you post…

    my page: Willie Stazenski

    ReplyDelete