Sunday, December 25, 2011

The Dragon New Year

Isn’t New Year celebrated with pomp and joy by every race around the world?
99% of do that.
 BUT, What is there to celebrate, when we have multiply antagonisms and complications that are arising every year? Like new diseases, new terrorist groups, new WMDs, new problems. Nothing great to celebrate. No new joy and no new peace. What is new in the New Year? I have no New Year fever, no excitement but only worries about new problems.

Why is New Year called ‘new?’ ‘New’ should be flawlessly new. I will have no new brain to think, a new cloth, no new shoes, and no new meal. Nothing new. No gala, no new friend, no toasts of loved one, no new love-ah!  I am no New Year passionate; I am as usual as I. Nothing is great to rejoice on that day.

Years come and go. It is just the mark of the end of one year and the beginning of the next year and is the day on which the year count is incremented.

On that day, called the New Year, I will miss my dear and near ones far away in Bhutan. Alone here, and i would be reflecting the delighted faces and the scene of togetherness. But my new year resolutions keep me high, though I may not stick to any one of them. And it can sometimes hurt to plan ahead for 2012.  “New Year brings in new promises,” as many would say.

And I would like to leave here with a New Year poem by Ella Wheeler Wilcox.

"What can be said in New Year rhymes,
That's not been said a thousand times?
The new years come, the old years go,
We know we dream, we dream we know.
We rise up laughing with the light,
We lie down weeping with the night.
We hug the world until it stings,
We curse it then and sigh for wings.
We live, we love, we woo, we wed,
We wreathe our prides, we sheet our dead.
We laugh, we weep, we hope, we fear,
And that's the burden of a year."




No comments:

Post a Comment