Friday, August 8, 2014

Students are our Best Teachers

Darla School Assembly
Class in Progress
My Cohort of class IV B























We spend more than 9 months with students. They teach more than we have taught to them; how to go about modern gadgets, how to live fashionably, how to take a step, etc… I have my class IV students, who literally check my patient. They are so passionate. They grumble a lot and do not listen at times. 48 is a huge number to manage and teach. I regret at the end of the day that I couldn’t give them enough attention to every one of them. When I give them group work, it becomes a fish market. Each one of them makes an animal’s sounds or some screeching sounds. Sometimes it is really irritating and hectic to teach them. They make lots of noises. But on the other hand, they listen when I tell them seriously, and listen to whatever I teach them.

And there is another group of students, my class X students, who like to remain introverted and hardly open up. They are tails if I whisk my head, and they would. They listen a lot. And they work a lot, I guess. I wish them I have a student like them, who never goes against any point I make especially when I am sometimes wrong! Anyways, I wished them a good life ahead. I told them to be good, do good and good things will come back to them. They nod.
 I have my past students who have become teachers like me. Some are pursuing professions outside, where I had not heard of the places. Many are in jobs. Many students are students now. I was lucky to have good, sincere, and diligent students like the good teacher myself! I enjoy the fruit of teaching.
Many Facebook friends are my students and many blogs followers are my students. I think about them as much as they think about me.










3 comments:

  1. There was time when I was student, I thought being teacher is laborious & monotonous. It has never interested me becoming teacher in future. Now, I work in corporate world punching numbers, I don't see it either interesting. I felt I am suffering from disease, seeing greener pasture on other side. I feel teaching is satisfying profession. You learn as much as you teach. Every teaching is laden with lessons. I see greener pasture in teaching today, my disease. Nice post Saacha sir. Keep sharing. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sangay,
    We are never satisfied with one thing as such. If we have something, we want another. And we are green, and it is an innate characteristic of a human being, including you and me in this world. We always find a way to blame something. It’s same with me, but we know it’s a waste of time and our potential. We must keep going on what we have, and love what we do.

    Teaching is a load of responsibilities, besides teaching and planning lessons, we have to do corrections, assessments, incharge, coordinator, agricultural, discipliner, parent, servant, guide, etc…you know. It’s truly laborious and monotonous. Actually, an only exclusive teaching could have been the only teacher’s job.

    Thank you Sangay for sharing your views.

    ReplyDelete