Saturday, October 19, 2013

This is A New Place


It is blistering. It is hot. It is tough. This is a new place. This is Yebilaptsa. This is a different place. But I don’t feel different. It is the same feelings - the feelings of lowliness and remoteness hang like goiters as of now. Because I am brutally separated from my loving family, I feel that if not this place is simply good. I think the powerful magnetic force of Zhemgang - every little thing of this place has pulled me here, aside. I believe that things will turn out good when it seems not so to me.

To be frank, Yebilaptsa is a beautiful place, the school and the hospital are located just four kilometers from Tingtibi and the national highway of Gelephug-Zhemgang-Trongsa that runs just below school. Yebilaptsa is surrounded by coniferous pine trees. The smell of cones and the long pine leaves scented around houses and schools. This lowland stands inside a forest of trees. The nearest village is almost four kilometers. There are only a few private buildings. All houses are for school and the hospital.

The school is MSS. It is a boarding school. There are 410 plus students schooled in by 22 teachers and countable numbers of supporting staff. There are as many cooks as the teaching staff. The classes range from seven to ten. The students here are well-behaved - a polite one, and very hard working. I came to know that this school is one of the best in the country. In a class, students’ silence could hear flowers budding. They believe in what teachers say. I told them only yesterday that they shouldn’t believe in everything in what they hear or read. I told them to experience and see themselves.

The fans of rooms rotate slowly, churning away heat. The lousy sleep creeps in. I am lying down. And it is almost winter, time to migrate, for good.


Add caption

No comments:

Post a Comment