Tuesday, October 29, 2013

A Beauty that Costs Her Life


Did you see an ugly beautiful? Did you see a beautiful ugly? A beautiful face with the ugliest characters. There is something in this; those who are ugly have a beautiful heart and are virtuous, and those who have beauty have substandard characters. Did you notice that? I have seen it in this nothing-to-do place; a very tiny-tipsy kind of place in Yebilaptsa. I have heard people saying so often there is something missing in Khengpas, and this is really true because I have seen it. People usually work less here, and they eat more here, in fact, they drink more. They think only about now and forget completely about the future’s prospects. They are living, and they are dying at the same time. They don’t have life as such. They don’t understand life, they don’t understand love, they don’t understand feelings, they don’t understand silences, they don’t understand stances. They live a jaunty, a perky kind of life.

You cannot have a beautiful woman, a woman who is virtuous, intelligent, and makes an idealized partner in life. If you have, you have an angel.

And most girls and women in this place are a truly disgusting. They don’t have anything – let me be frank-women don’t have anything as such in them. They don’t have women in them. They don’t have the brains to compete. They don’t have the energy to move ford. They don’t have anything inside of them. Because their character is loose. So loose that may ramify them. They don’t have integrity. NOTHING, I would like to shout at them, especially to that red girl. They only have faces – physicalities. That too is truly fabricated beauty. They paint faces like objects, and when they do, they objectify themselves. And this is what women of Khengpas are, they have NOTHING, but they act they have EVERYTHING.

In my life, I didn’t believe any ears. I am a good listener, but a very bad keeper. So, I have never thought that I have my own. I didn’t own anything as such. Only did I realize that I own someone when I got married. I have my precious wife and son now. I do believe in them. Anyways, this is another side of the story.

Now let me tell you about that Khengpa girl, who has a beautiful face, where anyone would fall at first sight, but truly, she does have repulsive characters - I should say. This is a small place. But there are many fishy things going on almost on a daily basis. There would be a boy asking the cell number of a girl in a bar shop. There would be cat and rat chases. There would be a boy showing off all the loftiness of his life. This is his valiance. Now, what is her valiance?  She doesn’t deserve this page or even a word if I were to be describing her characters. She stinks on my page. But if I were to describe her beauty, the pages would flower and smell. What is this beauty? John Keats says, “Beauty is truth, truth beauty, —that is all/Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.” But there is nothing true in her beauty. She has worn a red V-sweater. She has a plumply- smiley –attractive - mesmerizing face. But this red girl acts like a bitch; a hungry bitch. She drinks pegs and pegs of Special Quarial, and throws ruses at her new boyfriend. Gross. She holds onto somebody's shoulder, and she literally embraces all. What a pity? She cries like a wounded bitch without any reason. She follows the boys and goes in search of her new boyfriend. She dares to shout the name of her boyfriend in the night. She dares to run plag-plag-plag like the highwayman in the night.

One night, she fought with her boyfriend. It was just outside my living room. They quarreled for some time and they threw some punches. I pressed my face towards a window glass, and all that I saw was a redshirt girl lying on the ground, throwing her feet and arms angrily towards the sky as she was shouting FUCK YOU. And I felt she had fucked her life herself. She is mannerless, characterless, and good for nothing. She can only live by selling her beauty; a beauty that costs so much pain to be borne by herself. A beauty that blemishes her life.

7 comments:

  1. It is really a sad story. Sad to know her. She may find the way out of it. She still have time. All good wishes for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope she will mend her ways soon. Thank you Monu. Hope you are keeping fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am doing good. And I am fine. Hope same with sir also?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The story that made my spine froze. Nice writing. Keep updating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Dumcho, I too read your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some are good and some are bad- two sided coin; perhaps we lack to see the other side?...nice post anyway..

    ReplyDelete
  7. True. What most people see/talk or remember is only the bad side of the coin. We comb these. It's sad that we forget good things at times. Thanks Tshewang.

    ReplyDelete