Thursday, May 24, 2012

The Crush

Think not and say,

Who are we before?

Assuming life with many pretensions

This loneliness and longing kill slowly

Going along, this assumed decorum

And of will and self-willed

Got fed up of these restraints of life

Let’s do away

Live and like.


The other day, friends told

a the same, same story;

To be what you are not

As faltering, is this life?

They falter not to the small restraints

And walk a triumphant walks

Live and have

And have and live.


I told them, I’ve a crush on someone

And as a natural tendency

Shower the unnatural feelings.

They told me, think not and act more

Was the help not in their hands?

Yes. I think more and act less

And that’s how I’ve a mundane life

All is false in love

For there is nothing wrong with loving

This freak makes me weak

And I’m afraid I’ll crash my life myself

The quick and deep.


Oh! Come on dear,

For the life is the same series

 Act away from the trivial-trifles matter

And keep us going

With sparks.



Everyone will have a crush on someone, and it’s certain to human feelings; to love and appreciate someone. The poem asks the lover to get away with the decorum or institutions of what is called identity, live unbounded from the societies, and do whatever a mind says. Sounds like Andrew Marvell’s poem, "To His Coy Mistress," to "seize the day" - to make the most of today and not put off action until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment