Monday, December 1, 2014

Do you have Any Workshop?



NOOO...NOTHING....

As the 2014 year is drawing closer to an end, most teachers are going for workshops and some short term skills trainings. But for some teachers like me, it’s the same story. There are a few teachers from my school who went for invigilation duty, visiting examiners, and things like that, but most of them have to spend their meager monthly salary during this winter themselves. And ME, like many years, I have been sticking here in the school so humbly. Nothing of sorts was provided to me. Things like invigilation duty come once every ten or more years. It surely is once in a blue moon opportunity for many teachers. And there is a story about this un-missed opportunity. In 2007, there was a lady teacher who came for an invigilation duty, all the way from Haa to Punakha. She had put up in an expensive hotel; she almost paid nu.400 per night besides her foodings with her two children. An unbelievable thing was her DA, which was only nu.300. When asked about the purpose of coming for duty she said that she wouldn’t miss her golden opportunity. She seems crazy, but it’s true. Ok, that is another story.

But for some teachers, workshops, seminars, evaluation, duties, etc have been unending blessings. The same person would go one after another. I heard one can avail such opportunity if one knows people in MOE, BCSE, etc, and has a connection. I also heard that if one was a lady, she would get. I am none of them.

There would be nominations from the school, and when it’s the time for selection someone would be nominated already. These nominations are done purely to showcase everything is fair, to say that it went through proper process and channel; grassroots level, and for document records if any problem arises from ACC, and other people.  That is for sure.

As of now, I don’t have any kind of workshop, even news are far behind for me. Other than this workshop, I have to go to Shakti workshop or Durga workshop in Jaigion. My car needs a cool workshop to function well.

3 comments:

  1. Its sad to know that you're not given any professional workshop. And its no surprise here with me. Its two years I also didn't get any...I am too looking forward to go for it.
    But, towards the end I could see that instead of going for school workshop you are planning to head towards Shakti workshop and all...Its kind of you to check your vehicle before its late...thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. True sancha. Maybe we have the largest group of teachers.
    Thank you for your concern.

    ReplyDelete