Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Have I Voted?


There I stood;
In front of an Electronic Voting Machine
Unable to decide…
Three pictures on the EVM
Reflected me
Who am I?
Why should I press the button?
Why I am here? ...

Three pictures on the EVM smile
One, my father’s enemy
Second, my cousin brother
Third, I didn’t know;
He never visited my village.
The trios had done nothing as such to the village.

I closed my eyes;
Tried to study their past
It was too late to decide
I heard so many voices
For three days in the village, saying;
Mr. X is good,
Mr. Y is excellent
Mr. Z is outstanding.

Who knows who is good?
Or bad?
Politicians are the dirtiest species on the earth
Even you and I…if in their place
Unable to decide…
So be it
Right is the freedom to choose.
I came out;
Perplexed and saddened.
Have I cast a vote?

No comments:

Post a Comment